The Human foot has been called the "Mirror of Health". Your feet can give you an early warning about serious health problems such as diabetics, nerve damage, poor blood circulation and arthritis. People can develop serious foot problems as they age, which puts their health, independence, and well being at risk.
Our Nurses are specially trained in the provision of foot care and provide treatment, information and support that assist in the promotion of healthy feet and healthy living.
- Identify risk factors for foot and nail disease
- Assist clients in evaluating their current footwear
- Increase clients' awareness of the various risk factors for foot and nail conditions and disease
- Provide clients with information and encourage them to take responsibility for the health of their feet
- Teach clients proper techniques for monitoring and caring for their feet
- Provide support required to help clients increase the health of their feet
Foot care services are available to individuals in their home/residence and facilities. Services include:
- Personalized assessment of feet and nails
- Toenails trimmed and filed, cream applied and feet massaged to enhance circulation
- Assessment and treatment of corns and calluses
- Advice on how to prevent and care for corns, calluses, toenails and foot conditions and referral to appropriate resources
For more information or to order this service, we invite you to contact us at our Toronto or Mississauga office, or complete our quick contact form located at right and a Spectrum Health Care representative will contact you as soon as possible.
Did you know...
Practicing healthy habits is important for people with foot problems - especially those with diabetes.
Copyright © 2006-2013 Spectrum Health Care